KMEWO provides free holistic advocacy and support to women and their children affected by any form of Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG).
Our VAWG services include:
- Risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Finding refuge places and making referrals to social service
- MARAC, IDVA and/ or specialist legal advice
- Mentoring and group support
- Safety planning and contacting police
KMEWO is part of the London VAWG Consortium, which delivers a range of services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, under six themes, and is funded by London Councils.
Projects currently running for women affected by VAWG:
- Samira Project: a specialist Domestic Violence support service for BME women in Islington with high to medium risk.
- Thrivers Project: a long-term holistic support service for women wanting to exit HBV and DV.
- MOPAC Project: a specialist Domestic Violence support service for BME women across London with high to medium risk.